Manager, Scientific Communications
New York, New York, United States
dna – Manager, Scientific Communications
A smart, strategic, collaborative expert in science with a love for communications who wants to make a difference for patients and teammates alike. You have an outlook that is:
- Team oriented: “we” over “I”
- Positive and inspirational
- Energized and charismatic
- Humble and inquisitive
- Agile and adaptable
dna is a small, fast-growing agency with big reach. We have a simple but powerful belief: every patient, disease and therapy are different – therefore every message, stakeholder and challenge need to be approached in a unique way. We comprise:
- Digital natives
About the role
As scientific communications manager, you will provide counsel to internal teams and clients on using scientific information accurately and creatively to define communications strategies and craft stories that resonate with key audiences, including media, physicians and consumers. You will take the lead in creating content for various communications platforms, such as websites, social channels, etc. Other key responsibilities include performing research and educating internal and external teams on the scientific landscape and differentiation of drugs, devices, health services and research enterprises (e.g., university programs); providing counsel on how to navigate issues related to data; and working directly with scientists and other client personnel to develop and articulate science and data-related key messages/stories.
- Ability to translate technical information/data for range of audiences
- Strong writer with an interest in creative solutions
- Fast learner
- Outstanding communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Proficiency in sculpting and telling a cohesive story
- Focused on problem solving
- An ability to multitask and an interest in tackling a variety of tasks
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in work
- Curiosity and interest in wide range of scientific and health specialties
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to assess competitive landscape and define strategic positioning of a product/client based on scientific assets
- Strong collaborator; flexible/adaptable; always willing to pitch in with teammates to get the job done
- Strong presenter; projects confidence and authority when communicating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Fluency and interest in evolving digital and social media
- Can handle multiple deliverables at once
- PhD in life sciences, PharmD, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working for a med ed, med ad, PR/comms company; or in-house in the communications department of a university, research institute, scientific publication, pharma company, etc.
dna – the details (this is the section where we humble brag)
dna has won two Cannes Bronze Lions awards in the past two year and 15 awards for creative execution in the past year, including a Global Sabre as one of the best 5 campaigns executed worldwide. It’s not by accident. We have a Creativity team focused on finding a spark for all that we do, from ideation sessions to weekly creative power hours. And we host an annual Creativity Day centered around an off-site activity, like a trip to the museum or an improv class, all designed to excite an inspire.
dna prides itself on delivering a difference making employee experience. We invest in our team and put culture front and center through a variety of programs, policies and events. It’s all about growth and opportunity. If you are looking for a company where you will have the chance to contribute, grow and set a career path that meets your interests and delivers on your ambitions, dna is an ideal employer.
We are small meets big – giving our clients and employees the benefits of both. As a global agency, we have staff in 10 markets on four continents. Yet, our close-knit agency environment will ensure that you will have ample opportunity for visibility with senior management who will make a personal investment in your career. And, as part of a large global IPG network with seamless integration with our sister agencies, such as Weber Shandwick and large advertising agencies, you’ll have access to world class resources and endless exposure to the most cutting-edge marketing approaches. If you are ambitious, energetic and excited to have a voice in shaping an agency and the future of healthcare communications, we hope you’ll join us. We’re an agency whose fast pace of growth and influence, is matched only by the advancement opportunities we offer our employees. dna – As Different as you.
The legal info
dna is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. dna recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.