Vice President, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
New York, New York, United States
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick’s ambition is to build and nurture the industry’s most inclusive, anti-racist agency.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team leads and collaborates with partners throughout the enterprise to drive progress in meaningful and measurable ways. This means more than creating a series of diversity initiatives. It means questioning our biases, changing our behaviors and holding ourselves accountable for our promises.
About the Role
The Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a high-impact role that supports the Executive Vice President, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to operationalize strategies for increasing organizational cultural competence and strengthening inclusion across the Weber Shandwick ecosystem. The Vice President, DEI collaborates with human resources, talent acquisition and line management partners to drive increased workforce diversity through innovative talent pipeline programs, and helps design and implement programs to build an inclusive culture that fosters a sense of belonging among all employees.
- Contribute to development of DEI strategies, annual planning process and creation of programs and initiatives to support DEI objectives
- Liaise with Weber Shandwick ecosystem brands, e.g., Current, DNA, United Minds, ReviveHealth to ensure DEI plan alignment and monitor progress
- Liaise with parent business unit IPG/DXTRA on shared programming and reporting performance against metrics
- Work with EVP, DEI to accelerate development of new talent pipeline partnership programs with colleges and diversity-focused organizations
- Manage existing diversity fellowship programs, e.g., Verizon AdFellows and NYU Masters at Weber Shandwick, with client and university partners
- Partner with EVP, DEI and Corporate Communications team to enter industry and more broadly focused DEI competitions
- Advise on DEI communications, training and local/regionally-led initiatives. Monitor DEI plan development and execution
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to develop strategy to raise awareness of DEI and increase program reach across the agency
- Help drive participation and communicate/contextualize results of North America and global DEI surveys
- Represent Weber Shandwick on industry councils, e.g., PR Council DEI Committee
- Monitor marketplace trends, identify opportunities and develop strategies to meet emerging needs
- 10 years of professional experience, preferably with a minimum of 5 years DEI experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as presentation skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence
- Strong collaboration, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexibility and innovation orientation
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.