Vice President, Tech PR
Dallas, Texas, United States
Do you want to join the world’s leading and most dynamic communications agency? Are you a savvy strategist? An integrated marketer? A great communicator? Passionate about technology and/or the energy industry? If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you. Read on to see if you have what we’re looking for.
The Dallas office of Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Vice President to manage teams and clients across several technology and/or energy accounts. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of communications experience in the technology space, and will lead integrated communications work for clients. This role requires daily client contact, junior team management and provides a high degree of autonomy to implement strategies within a very short timeframe. Candidates should have strong B2B and media relations experience, the ability to serve as a trusted senior client strategist and counselor, experience with new business, know how to manage national and international campaigns and teams, and be an efficient and detail-oriented project manager with experience managing budgets and teams of varying sizes.
- Drive day-to-day client relations and serve as a primary client counselor.
- Develop and maintain strong and consistent interpersonal relationships with senior clients.
- Consult on and develop integrated strategic programs based on public relations/media relations, event activations, content marketing, social media strategy, etc.
- Develop, mentor and lead cross-functional teams; directly supervise staff and manage performance reviews.
- Develop campaigns, messaging and content across several different audiences and geographies
- Cross-company integration on campaigns and news announcements
- Project management including, but not limited to, campaign execution, budgeting and team bandwidth
- Manage/mentor/oversee the work of junior team members in the country, and coordinate with global teams
- Proactive about developing ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
- Executive positioning/thought leadership
- Content development (press materials, FAQs, bylined articles, social content and blogs, etc.)
- Experience with leading and successfully participating in new business efforts
- 10+ years proven track record of managing growth of large accounts – B2B technology experience is required; experience in the energy industry (with oil & gas/chemicals, renewables, or power & utilities) is a plus
- Experience with business development/new business success
- Experience with PR/Communications needs
- Able to manage a mix of accounts
- Proven track record of being a leader that has built and grown teams
- A persuasive and engaging communications and presentation style
- An ability to meaningfully contribute to a kind, supportive, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Proactive, self-started who can work well both independently and as part of a team (and the ability to tell which is needed, when)
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com/.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.