Junior Analyst, Strategic Planning
San Francisco, California, United States
Junior Analyst, Strategic Planning
This strategic communications planning role requires a “whole brain thinker” who is ready to quickly learn how to unearth and connect disparate quantitative and qualitative research into coherent, evidence-based insights that help drive client recommendations and inspire earned media ideas. The candidate must also be game to collaborate with media, digital, creative and account teams throughout the organization to advance and package ideas for Weber Shandwick clients. This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys digging for information and developing hypotheses. They should be endlessly curious, with a nose for what’s hot in business and culture.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support the strategic development of public relations and media relations plans and campaigns.
- Develop written media and communications materials – from media pitches to digital content.
- Research industry trends and develop fact sheets, briefing materials and research summaries.
- Supports in set up and analysis for specified clients, including providing initial data findings and recommendations on results reporting and insights.
- Manages individual day-to-day tasks and meets project deadlines.
- Proficient in leveraging market resource tools informed by a research/ project brief.
- Understands what is available in market resources and how it connects to the research, analytics, and planning processes.
- Work with colleagues across the country to be constantly in search of ways to improve work with identify subject matter experts, media insights and other best practices.
- Assist in developing executional plans and proactively offer solutions on assigned programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 0-1 years of relevant internship or work experience.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to time-management, detail, and project management skills
- Proactive self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in an integrated team setting
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.