Senior Account Manager – Consumer PR
London, England, United Kingdom
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick creates world-class work and word’s got out…Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumer and brands means we're working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, food & drink and beauty.
The team is growing and we're looking for an experienced Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join us!
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives.
- Creatively developing media programmes that meet the client brief.
- Taking responsibility to execute media relations strategies.
- Cultivating multi-media relationships and pitching content in.
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns.
- Being part of the creative development of integrated campaigns.
- Great writing skills for creating press materials and media pitches.
- Ability to enhance existing client relationships.
- Strategic counsel – providing the client with added value solutions, developing new ideas and media plans.
- Ability to translate client needs into project plans.
- Managing accounts, advising and supporting clients, ensuring results are achieved and client’s overall objectives are met.
- Mentoring junior staff.
Who are you?
Ideally you are already operating at Account Manager level and have strong foundations in the world of PR. You are a positive energy within a team and are someone for the junior members of the practice to look up to and mirror your work ethic. You'll need:
- Experience working with national, high profile brands.
- Great media contacts across a range of platforms beyond traditional publications.
- Experience of managing junior team members.
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client.
The Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays)
- Personal pension plan
- Early Friday finish
- Online access to 650+ retail discounts
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.