EVP, Corporate Practice Leader
EVP / Corporate Practice Leader
Location: China (Beijing)
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
In China, we were named “Agency of the Year” at the APAC SABREs, Mumbrella, China Advertising Awards, Digital Marketing Annual Awards, Shanghai International Advertising Awards and Digital China Annual Awards – eight “Agency of the Year” award in 2018. And we were also name “Best Culture” agency at the 2018 Campaign Asia Award, something we are extremely proud of.
About Weber Shandwick’s Values:
Engagement – we believe in listening, dialogue and actions to spark ideas and solutions
Respect – we treat people with kindness, fairness, dignity and civility
Inclusion – we seek diverse perspectives and voices, and cultivate inclusive environments
Truth – facts matter. We work with integrity and courage
About the job duties:
Weber Shandwick China are currently seeking a Senior Level Corporate Practice Business leader who will work closely with our President of China, running the entire Corporate Communications Practice in Beijing, China.
- The successful candidate will concentrate on driving new and existing business nationally across the Weber Shandwick business
- Serve as experienced new business pitch lead with positive win rate
- Set and shepherd vision for proactive business growth, global expansion and innovation of work
- Proactively counsel senior clients, relative to changing business environment and how we can help them navigate
- Shape vision for talent evolution across teams and group
- Effectively navigate global firm resources to bring optimal mix to grow/deepen client engagements
- Be a change agent and agitator for what’s new and next in corporate communications
- Provide leadership and development to senior corporate communications reporting lines and staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 10-15+ years of experience, including large-agency brand and digital experience
- Experience of engaging across departments and specialisms within one organisation to build strong working relationships.
- Experience lead of successful pitch teams
- Experience of developing thought leadership content, sometimes with third parties, and developing launch and outreach plans.
- Experience of dealing with both trade and national media on prepared stories and commentary opportunities
- Creative mindset
- Attention to detail and design
- Excellent networker, able to make connections with people across the business and externally with clients
- Enthusiastic, professional and highly pro-active
- Collaborative executive team player
Note from the team:
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.