Social Media Analytics Intern (Summer 2021)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick Detroit is seeking a talented, digital savvy and eager-to-learn social media intern to join our digital team. This paid internship will provide a true learning experience, along with the opportunity to observe and contribute to the day-to-day operations of the Chevrolet social media team.
DESCRIPTION & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, sort, analyze, and interpret data from a variety of sources such as social media, website analytics platforms, and third-party vendors
- Identify patterns and trends that can inform recommendations that shape clients’ marketing strategies
- Contribute to the design of research/analysis, intelligence gathering, and data collection
- Craft strong points of view and evidence-based analyses
- Assist in the development of presentations, client decks and pitches
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Be comfortable cleaning, sorting, analyzing, and interpreting large sets of data
- Have an interest in social media and emerging technologies
- Be able to quickly learn how to use new software and applications
- Demonstrate the ability to identify trends and communicate implications effectively, within allotted deadlines
- Be able to translate data-driven findings into easily understood reports
- Possess an eagerness to learn and contribute to the learning process at Weber Shandwick
- Have or be working towards a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (degrees in economics, statistics, or a marketing-related field preferred)
Bonus points for:
- Social listening tools (i.e. Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, etc.), website analytics platforms (i.e. Google Analytics) or social channel data (i.e. Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred, including the use of intermediate functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, IF) and Pivot Tables
- Dashboard experience preferred (e.g., Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, R, SAS, MATLAB)
- Previous experience in an analytics or research role with a proven ability to interpret data and develop insights
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Current student working toward bachelor’s degree related to digital marketing or data sciences.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.