Junior Financial Analyst
New York, New York, United States
The Weber Shandwick New York Office is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join our growing team. The overall goal of the Junior Financial Analyst is to help ensure that the the Senior Management team is receiving timely and accurate information in order to make operational business decisions. The analyst is responsible for weekly updates and on-going analysis and reporting of staffing allocations for specific regions and/or practices. The position requires a passion for problem solving, an advanced proficiency in Excel and high comfort with exploratory business analysis to synthesize findings into clear, actionable recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years of finance experience in a service industry.
- Assist in preparation of monthly P&L statements
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of employee utilization reports
- Assist in month end closing processes including:
- Regional and local cost analysis and reporting
- Time analysis, adjustments, and due diligence
- Journal entry preparation
- Updating budgets with month-end actuals
- Preparing top down financial reports for management
- Assist in preparation of quarterly budget updates
- Support practice groups by providing financial data as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze reports/data and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Service industry experience a plus
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and a proactive disposition
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.