Social Media Intern (Summer 2021)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick Detroit is seeking a talented, digital savvy and eager-to-learn social media intern to join our digital team. This paid internship will provide a true learning experience, along with the opportunity to observe and contribute to the day-to-day operations of the Chevrolet social media team.
DESCRIPTION & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor owned channels using social media tools to assign, dismiss and appropriately evaluate engagements from community
- Conduct social media research
- Identify and escalate trending topics and content to larger team
- Remain current on industry and cultural trends and technology, and look for opportunities to incorporate them into creative concepts
- Participate in agency brainstorms
- Support team members in community management and engagement with consumers
- Research automotive market and identify areas of opportunity for Chevrolet brand
- Monitor owned channels during high-traffic periods and events; support community managers during event activations and digital campaigns
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for creative storytelling
- Awareness of social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Tik Tok
- Ability to work independently, in a team and successfully incorporate feedback from multiple sources
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively
- Bonus points for real-world experience
- Self-starter and not afraid to ask questions
- Excellent research skills
- Proven writing ability and high level of comfort writing short effective copy
- Enjoyment in finding details in the data
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Current student working toward bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, professional writing, digital marketing, advertising or creative field.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.