Senior Manager, Media Relations
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Senior Manager – INTEGRATED MEDIA
Our Montréal office is looking for a bilingual Senior Manager – Integrated Media, who is a seasoned public and media relations consultant responsible for providing strategic client counsel around media and influencer engagement, helping plan media events, leading announcement activations, securing media stories and guiding and mentoring an internal team. The ideal candidate will have experience that encompasses media relations, influencer engagement, event planning, program execution, leadership of the inter-agency marketing mix as well as client counseling.
- Develop strong client relationships and provide counsel/strategic direction related to media/influencer relations programs and related events
- Proactively bring media-related ideas and points of view to clients to assert agency leadership and push the boundaries of traditional media relations
- Develop strong media and influencer relationships that can pay off with media and social coverage
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and integrated agency team colleagues to integrate media relations efforts into campaigns
- Work directly with clients to resolve problems
- Oversee client activations and activation teams
- Counsel, coach and develop junior staff
- Lead logistics planning for media and other influencer events
- Support the development of KPIs to maximize media relations impact
- Develop program staffing plans and budgets and work directly with clients and finance team to address related deliverables and questions
- Highlight results, measuring success and promoting wins and key learnings to client
- Demonstrate end-to-end expertise in media relations and event planning, including:
- Strong existing media and influencer relationships
- Working knowledge of and comfort executing new media forms
- Ability to develop new media and influencer relations and turn those relationships into coverage
- Drafting media materials, including pitches and press releases
- Optimizing programs in real time to maximize success based on preliminary results
- Amplification of strategies, including paid, owned and earned
- Demonstrated expertise in media relations and event/logistics planning
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects and programs, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and creative resources
- Ability to counsel clients on media relations activities and present plans in a convincing manner
- Strong team leadership abilities
- Public relations experience of approximately 6-7 years
- University degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Ability to work effectively with integrated agency teams and diverse range of internal stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Strong negotiation, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to: email@example.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.