Associate (Corporate Affairs)
London, England, United Kingdom
Associates in our Corporate Affairs practice are dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated. You are a keen consumer of national media, with a great sense of what makes a strong news story and an appetite to achieve results for our clients. You will have well-rounded communications skills and exceptional organisational and research skills, with the ability to manage deadlines and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. You will have an understanding and a passion to learn about the role of digital communications.
What will you be doing?
- Media relations, including pitching to journalists
- Media monitoring and research
- Operational support on client projects, as directed
- Account management support, for example client status reports and media coverage reports
- Development of written copy and media materials such as client briefings, press releases, media pitches and digital content
- Completion of time sheets on a daily basis, in line with contractual requirements
- Contribution to the wider practice through team meetings and other activities
Who are you?
- You have knowledge of media landscape with a strong grasp of what makes a good news story, and clear and confident in dealing with day to day media enquiries.
- You can confidently “sell in” material across a broad range of media, often working to tight deadlines.
- You are organised and proactive, finding new story angles and opportunities.
- You have the ability to prioritise your own workload in order to ensure you meet deadlines and objectives.
- You have strong copywriting skills, with attention to detail and the ability to write appropriate copy for different audiences
- You offer new ideas to support client work
- You are a team player, proactively volunteering to support team members where needed.
- You have the ability to interrogate and analyse from a variety of sources and ensure that research you undertake is credible and comprehensive.
Even better if:
- Previous Corporate communications experience within agency environment
- You have knowledge and awareness of PR industry and campaign innovation
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.