Chicago, Illinois, United States
Current Global, a Weber Shandwick agency is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America and has strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health and technology communications. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative.
We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com.
Current Global is seeking a dynamic and motivated Art Director to join our growing Content community. We are looking for someone with the right combination of self-motivation, conceptual approach, and the artistic skills necessary to create, sell and execute impactful ideas for our clients. You will be creating videos, social content, activations and experiences for our clients. A passion for type and design, the ability to visually convey your ideas through beautiful comps, and an appreciation for brand consistency must be in your DNA.
- Craft stories and build brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Develop original concepts with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in media
- Collaborate with copywriters, producers, creative directors and other team members to flesh out the creative development of your executions
- Proactively bring new ideas, creative concepts and design solutions to client work
- Create production-ready designs and layouts, establishing the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions, and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- Translate video story ideas into visual sequences through storyboards, mood boards, etc.
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Thrive on wearing multiple hats: depending on your skills, there will be times when you must drive the creative/design process by playing the role of producer, art buyer, re-toucher, photographer, etc.
- 3+ years of art direction and/or design experience in a related agency or department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software such as Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media
- Work well across various teams and talent communities
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred
- Strong decision-making skills
- Aptitude for being well organized
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.