Senior Art Director (Healthcare)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Weber Shandwick Boston is looking for a Sr. Art Director to join their growing creative team to work across several high-profile healthcare accounts. They will help to spearhead the creative work on these accounts alongside a team of creative directors, copywriters, and designers. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in the digital/social space and be both a conceptual thinker as well as a talented designer. Previous healthcare experience is not required.
Whether driving a big project (a multi-channel campaign) or handling a small task (a social post), we need a nimble art director who consistently delivers exciting, cutting-edge, brand-focused visuals for various digital and print projects. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands’ stories, we play in that space. We look for well-rounded, immersive creators who are able to adapt to any platform or media to tell a great story.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and designers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Create design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Develop strong print and digital design for a wide range of assignments, including branding, social content, lay-out, storyboarding, mockups, infographics, presentations, print collateral and signage.
- Use experience in social media and its various execution formats to incorporate creative/design/layout best practices for various social media networks, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines.
- Wear multiple hats: contingent on your skills, there will be times when you must drive the creative/design process by playing the role of producer, re-toucher, illustrator, photographer, etc.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across teams.
- Help develop long-term creative plans and recommendations for client objectives.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results
- 5+ years of art direction and/or design experience in a related agency department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like rough sketches).
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any After Effects animation skills will be utilized.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, editorial, animation, HTML.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with copywriters and designers.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.