Chicago, Illinois, United States
About the role:
The Chicago office of Weber Shandwick is seeking a Copywriter to join our growing creative team. We are looking for someone with the right combination of conceptual approach, self-motivation, and artistic skills necessary to create, sell and execute impactful ideas for our clients.
If you are serious about stepping outside your comfort zone, diversifying your portfolio, and creating impactful buzz worthy ideas that set the Internet on fire, then we would love to talk to you.
- Crafting stories and building brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Remain current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to incorporate them into your creative concepts
- Work with art directors, designers, strategists, producers and other team members to flesh out the creative development of social media ideas and tactical executions
- Develop original concepts and executions with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in the social media space. These ideas can be published across various Chevrolet social media channels, published through influencer channels, or may transcend social media, digital and traditional advertising.
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts, headlines, video scripts, social posts and various other forms of online/offline brand storytelling
- Presenting ideas and production-ready executions to internal and external stakeholders
- In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative/copy/layout best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Write video-based story ideas with the complete understanding of the types of video formats that work best across various social networks (live, long-form, tap for audio, etc.)
- Ensure all creative adheres to existing brand guidelines and social media best practices
- Responsible for editing and proofing materials during all project phases
- Wear multiple hats: depending on your skills, there will be times when you will have to drive the creative process by playing multiple roles throughout concepting and execution phases
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or related field (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like chicken scratches).
- Bonus Skills: blogging, journalism, social community management, filmmaking, videography, editorial, art direction, design, illustration, photography
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.