Senior Business Analyst
New York, New York, United States
We Are Seeking:
The Senior Business Analyst will join the New York Global Intelligence team to focus on delivering insightful and impactful analytics core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients. The position will directly report to and work with the New York office but may support teams across all North American practice areas. This position will be dedicated to several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important client relationships.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work with Global Intelligence teammates to create visually compelling reporting and insights that allow client to easily evaluate media and site performance relative to business objectives.
• Leverage a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple online sources.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
• Fully utilize tools and platforms designed to automate and accelerate data collection, integration and analysis. Examples: Google Analytics, Domo, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
• Interrogate multiple sources of information/data to look for trends within social and earned media, using tools such as Brandwatch, Quid, and Trendkite.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to design and execute media and siteside A/B tests.
• Manage reporting tasks and data flows for media, site and social listening insights and reporting.
• Evangelize the use of data to inform decision-making at all levels internally and externally.
• Derive insights from data to create a compelling narrative that moves internal and external audiences to act on our recommendations.
• Strong capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
• 2-4 years relevant full-time experience; preferably in Marketing Science, Marketing Analytics, Data Science or Performance Marketing fields. • Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions.
• Experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to: Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc.
• Experience with social listening tools such as Quid, Brandwatch, and Trendkite is a plus.
• Able to leverage scripting to automate analyses, data cleansing or data integration tasks.
• Experience with relational databases and statistical analysis/programming languages such as SAS, SQL, R or Python is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
• Bachelor's degree with major in business or STEM preferred, Masters is a plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Commitment to learning and the drive to take initiative.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Comfort with working in and contributing to a fast-paced, team environment.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.