VP, China Healthcare Practices
Vice President, China Healthcare Practices
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
In China, we were named “Agency of the Year” at the APAC SABREs, Mumbrella, China Advertising Awards, Digital Marketing Annual Awards, Shanghai International Advertising Awards and Digital China Annual Awards – eight “Agency of the Year” award in 2018. And we were also name “Best Culture” agency at the 2018 Campaign Asia Award, something we are extremely proud of.
About Weber Shandwick’s Values:
Engagement – we believe in listening, dialogue and actions to spark ideas and solutions
Respect – we treat people with kindness, fairness, dignity and civility
Inclusion – we seek diverse perspectives and voices, and cultivate inclusive environments
Truth – facts matter. We work with integrity and courage
About this role:
Our Vice Presidents are strategic partners and trusted advisors to our clients. They help them address business imperatives or issues with the right marketing/communications solutions. Our VPs champion a superlative client experience by leading a dynamic, integrated team to develop breakthrough ideas, innovative programs and executional excellence. They advocate the agency’s full breadth of capabilities and expertise across today’s digitally led media landscape. Our VPs also lead business development activities with existing and new clients and manage and mentor junior team members.
This role is accountable for ensuring long term revenue growth for the organization’s China healthcare practices. Reporting into the President of China, the role will work closely with organization’s other departments to ensure a sustainable growth of talents, revenue and brand recognition in China. The person will play a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our business in China and beyond, as well as creating and maintaining key external stakeholders’ relationship (media, government, NGOs, academia, etc.). Extensive agency experience running complex teams is a success factor. Part of the senior management team.
- Executive responsibility for the performance (P&L) of China Healthcare practice including the setting and achievement of agreed financial goals; the leadership, management and mentoring of team members; the provision of high quality and innovative client services which maintain and build excellent client relationships; and the overall strategic development of the business.
- Provide senior client counsel on Health-focused strategies and ensure programs deliver ROI
- Work with experts across the agency and wider network to develop and deliver on strategy, including measurement, creative, strategy and analytics
- Actively cultivate and nurture client relationships to build trust, long-term partnership and client satisfaction
- Actively engaging, establishing and maintaining key relationships with key stakeholders and resources useful for the agency, such as government departments/officials, key media, NGOs, institutions, academia, influencers, etc. Strong top/senior media relations with top China publications is a must;
- Lead, inspire and empower colleagues from various functions to coordinate work across departments, communicate effectively and collaborate to deliver as one team.
- Grow business prospects with existing clients, expand scopes of work and advance new business opportunities
- Be responsible for advancing the Weber Shandwick “WE SOLVE” purpose by fostering creativity and innovation
- Contribute to the overall senior management of the agency across China;
- Participate in the development of the annual business plan and budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of clients’ business, goals, and needs
- Effectively communicate client vision with Integrated Agency Teams (IATs) for program alignment
- Team Leadership
- Financial performance management
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.