Vice President, Healthcare Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Vice President, Healthcare Public Affairs
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President to join our Healthcare team in Washington, D.C., based at Powell Tate, the specialty public affairs unit of Weber Shandwick.
We’re seeking a seasoned, passionate and savvy communications strategist who will serve as a key client advisor and project lead on a range of healthcare public affairs assignments. The successful candidate will bring deep experience executing integrated campaigns that make an impact, working on health policy and patient advocacy engagements, and be someone who thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative agency.
- Oversee execution of best-in-class integrated health policy and patient advocacy campaigns
- Serve as a primary client contact responsible for strategic counsel and campaign management
- Manage cross-functional and cross-agency teams, providing leadership, direction and guidance to ensure we deliver our best work and exceed client expectations
- Collaborate to shape plans, including but not limited to: strategic planning, audience research, creative concepts and production, message testing, paid media, social media and data analytics
- Serve as a key senior member of the healthcare team, contributing to business development, management and coaching of team members and inspiring future leaders on our team
- Stay ahead of shifts in the healthcare policy environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Lead/participate in new business pitch development and/or presentations
- Serve as a champion of our diversity, equity and inclusion priorities, and contribute to our work to be the leading anti-racist agency in our industry
- 10+ years related professional experience, particularly in healthcare public affairs and communications and ideally with experience working with pharmaceutical companies, coalitions, patient advocacy groups, and/or medical associations
- Deep understanding of the health policy landscape and the political environment in which those policies are developed, debated and implemented
- Integrated communications and political savvy, with deep interest in healthcare issues
- Strong command of how paid, owned and earned media intersect, and the increasing role of data analytics in communications programming
- Relationships within the healthcare industry across patient, provider and trade associations
- Experience in managing matrixed teams, fostering collaboration and high-quality work
- Proactive self-starter and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Passion for driving transformational work
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for the age of perpetual disruption, we are nimble. Data-driven. And led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends and digital transformation. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. Learn more at https://www.powelltate.com/.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.