Junior Associate, Healthcare Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Junior Associate, Healthcare Public Affairs
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Junior Associate to join our Healthcare Public Affairs team in our Washington, DC office.
We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic about a career in public affairs and is interested in the intersection of healthcare and public policy. The ideal candidate has intern or entry level experience working on campaigns for a variety of healthcare organizations and/or public affairs initiatives, is a fervent reader of the news, and skilled in conducting traditional media monitoring, research and communications efforts. Strong writing skills are a must.
- Provide support for the development of healthcare communications and healthcare policy campaigns, including working with interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists
- Monitor, digest and summarize trends in national, healthcare and policy media to inform internal and external teams
- Develop communication and media materials (social media posts, blog posts, fact sheets, pitch emails, backgrounders) on a range of policy and/or science-focused subjects
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Generate content for client editorial calendar programs
- Assist in the development of long-term communications plans and program recommendations for clients
- Help develop client presentations
- Proactively engage with account teams on client priorities and projects
- Deliver accurate and timely campaign results and monitoring reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers
- Participate in client meetings, accurately capture meeting notes and next steps
- Support the healthcare and public affairs teams on new business processes, including supporting the team with prospect research, background materials for client pitches and other administrative tasks
- 0-1 years’ experience working within public affairs, healthcare or health policy communications, or within a communications agency setting
- Interest in health policy, ideally with intern or entry-level experience working in public affairs or healthcare including experience working in state legislative or Federal congressional offices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Proactive self-starter and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Can convey ownership of assigned projects and tasks with an aptitude to work independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and other online communication platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.