VP, Client Sourcing and Optimization
New York, New York, United States
The VP, Client Sourcing and Optimization role will be a results-driven, collaborative leader who will serve as a business partner and financial counselor to agency leaders and client teams. This position will direct and lead client remuneration strategy, design, implementation, measurement and reporting for the largest client accounts and opportunities in the agency. This role will report directly to the SVP, Client Sourcing and Optimization of IPG DXTRA and will frequently interact with senior level executives inside and outside the agency in a client facing capacity.
• Provide direction, support and counsel to appropriate teams in responding to and/or developing RFI’s, RFP’s and client remuneration proposals
• Act as central coordinator and key contact point from financial/commercial end on large RFP responses where appropriate; develop close partnership with new business team members
• Act as primary point of contact for client Procurement, establishing and driving relationships and applying expert knowledge in commercial relationships, negotiations, and strategic sourcing to the benefit of the agency
• Review and negotiate compensation contract terms directly with client personnel
• Initiate, review, discuss and execute initiatives and actions around advancing client remuneration structures, including the development of new models
• Act as counsel and partner to business leads, client leads, finance leads and others on client pricing developments and opportunities
• Coach other finance team members, GMs, client team leaders and others as appropriate to increase their knowledge of client remuneration models and approaches
• Ensure strategies are in place so that significant client opportunities (whether organic, renewals or new clients) are being brought forward for input and assistance; this includes not only large and visible opportunities but also those with potential non-standard terms and conditions to be reviewed
• Coordinate with Client Finance Director, CFOs, FDs, GMs and others to periodically review key client pricing, profitability and related matters • Work with others internally and across other IPG agencies to share knowledge and ensure best practices
• Work in partnership with IPG DXTRA and IPG procurement and leadership to support supplier diversity efforts
• 10+ years of experience with strategic sourcing, procurement or purchasing, preferably for services/indirect spend
• Experience with budgeting or project management
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, accounting or similar
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Experience with prominent ERP/Procurement and financial reporting systems (SAP, Ariba, Oracle, Coupa, GEP, etc.)
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines while managing multiple initiatives • Strong communication (written, verbal and presentation) and negotiation skills
• Experience with or in communications industry (Public Relations, Advertising, Digital, Marketing, etc.), Consulting or other similar service companies a plus
• Proven ability to execute via successful internal partnerships with other organizations. Influence peers with diverse points of view and build consensus.
• Ability to independently manage projects and problem solve without taking significant guidance from senior management. Demonstrates leadership skills in working with partners and others who may not have a direct reporting line into the position
• Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts with confidence
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.