Manager, Analytics (Data Engineering)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Manager, Analytics (Data Engineering)
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Manager, Analytics (Data Engineering) to join our team in Washington, DC. You will be joining an elite team of business strategists, data scientists and data engineers to build large-scale innovative data solutions.
The Manager, Analytics will design, build, test, implement and maintain data solutions that support clients’ Enterprise Analytics teams as well as Weber Shandwick’s internal strategy, creative and media planning teams. The incumbent will work with multiple technology partners to provision and maintain an analytics technology infrastructure used for social media analysis, paid media performance analysis and creative insights development. The role will work closely with business strategists and data scientists to ensure the platform meets business demands.
- Design and build automated cloud-based analytics solutions, including data ingestion, processing, storage, analytics integration, front-end development, ensuring best practices, efficiency, scalability, low cost.
- Work with business strategists and data scientists to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of analysis that supports business goals.
- Work with data providers, client data owners and functional design teams to create the technical specifications and execution methods.
- Develop and automate data pipelines and deploy data integration solutions.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Use data to provide business insights in form of interactive dashboards.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Mentor direct reports and other junior team members.
- Experience designing complete cloud-based solutions, writing/testing code, automating test and deployment
- Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building dashboards
- 4+ years backend development experience with Scala, Java and / or Python
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL Database design and querying
- Frontend business intelligence dashboard development in Tableau, Looker, Domo etc
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP strongly preferred)
- Ability to lead projects independently and manage junior staff
- Version control and source code management via GitHub
- Experience in marketing analytics, advertising, and ad tech
- Experience with non-relational, graph databases
- Experience building web applications using Flask etc
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 80 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 128 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising AgeAgency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’sGlobal Digital Agency of the Year in 2016.
The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.