Senior Social Media Manager (International)
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
In China, we were named “Agency of the Year” at the APAC SABREs, Mumbrella, China Advertising Awards, Digital Marketing Annual Awards, Shanghai International Advertising Awards and Digital China Annual Awards – eight “Agency of the Year” award in 2018. And we were also name “Best Culture” agency at the 2018 Campaign Asia Award, something we are extremely proud of.
About Weber Shandwick’s Values:
Engagement – we believe in listening, dialogue and actions to spark ideas and solutions
Respect – we treat people with kindness, fairness, dignity and civility
Inclusion – we seek diverse perspectives and voices, and cultivate inclusive environments
Truth – facts matter. We work with integrity and courage
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our growing International Practice in Shenzhen. This individual will be responsible for developing insights, analyzing data and guiding social media and SEO programs for our key clients. They will lead social strategy across multiple brands, integrating with aspects of traditional PR such as media and content creation. The role will manage the full lifecycle of projects from leading the pitch team and ensuring that the execution exceeds the plan. To be a business partner for clients helping them address business opportunities/issues with digitally centric communications strategies. Lead the strategic development of integrated, cross-platform communications solutions with digital at its core, while serving as the client’s advocate within the Agency to ensure delivery of digital solutions and programs.
- Develop succinct and compelling social media strategies and execute programs / campaigns across international social media platforms
- Collaborate with integrated teams throughout the creative, content development and reporting process to manage KPIs and track to the right objectives and strategies
- Support responses to new business opportunities
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace, identify trends and develop and contribute ideas
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of multiple client programs, budgets, timeline and plans
- Serves as internal expert on and advocate for of-the-moment creative best practices for priority social platforms and advises as needed
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven work experience with overseas social platforms, search engine, content and distribution strategies to solve brand / business challenges
- Experience using various social listening and measurement tools
- Ability to identify emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation for our clients
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- A pro-active, passionate approach to strategic planning and business development with a result oriented mindset
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills that bring your ideas to life through explanations that engage and excite internal and external audiences
- The ability to draw insights from data analysis to demonstrate a strategic approach to digital planning to meet unmet needs within client solutions
- Cross-cultural and cross=functional collaboration and team management skills
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.