Insights & Analytics Lead
New York, New York, United States
We Are Seeking:
The Insights & Analytics Lead is a senior thought leader with the vision, leadership and experience to orchestrate an interdisciplinary team to identify, set and execute the strategic direction for engagements including leading project teams and managing internal and external stakeholders for delivery. The VP Insights & Analytics will spend time with the client and the Client Experience leadership, gaining deep insight into the client’s problems and becoming a trusted thought partner and advisor to senior executives both internally and externally.
In this role, we’re looking for a mature mix of skills: primary research, data science, performance analytics, client relationship development, strategic business-driving insights and leadership.
Your business expertise and technical toolkit is deep and extensive, which will enable you to work with your analyst team on writing project scopes, driving projects forward, working directly with the clients and Client Experience teams, managing the workflow, and overseeing the quality of output and delivery. In addition to helping your project teams stay on track with the day-to-day deliverables of your respective accounts, you will also contribute intellectual capital by coaching and mentoring your teams in designing the analysis plans based on the clients’ business needs and using data to tell great stories. As such, a VP is a mentor, manager, project manager, and thought leader, all at the same time.
You should be seasoned at representing your team to external clients and internal leadership, as you will be handling a portfolio of client accounts. You are passionate about working with numbers and know how to bring data to life through a compelling story. You have at least five years of experience managing supervisor-level staff members and have at least ten years of prior professional experience.
- Develop cohesive, compelling strategic visions for the client that guides their overall business plans.
- Develop & ideate on both new and on-going projects, thinking through insights/analytics specific needs and opportunities for clients
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards
- Serve as day-to-day insight/analytics partner to senior level clients, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels
- Apply innovative data analytics methodologies to drive customer insights for our clients’ brands
- Perform data analysis, effectively summarizing findings and sharing actionable applications with colleagues and clients
- Brainstorm and bring a point of view, contributing creative and smart ways to solve problems in unexpected ways, translating them in ways that make them feel simple
- Participate in pitches and business development; Collaborate on new business opportunities, working with cross functional team members to shape RFP and pitch responses. This may include attending briefing sessions, participating in strategic discussions and driving and representing the insights/analytics work stream that gets feed into brand and communication strategy
- Advise, guide and partner with clients and agency colleagues on research/insight and analytics strategies, initiatives and tools that will drive business results that deliver on the clients’ goals
- 8-10 years of experience in strategic insights or marketing analytics related roles with proven results for clients
- at least 4 years of managerial experience
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field/STEM or business or MBA but not required
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams including strategic and creative partners.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to both external and internal clients, and ability and comfort with presenting to executive level clients.
- Demonstrated skill in being consultative and persuasive, especially with clients – able to challenge the status quo to gain adoption or alignment
- Excellent presentation abilities; Demonstrated experience communicating broad strategic initiatives
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges
- Extremely self-motivated, organized and reliable
- Passion to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals
- Proven track record of being a self-starter and team player
- Passion for empirical research and developing data-driven solutions to complex business questions.
- Comfort with working in and contributing to a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience using media/marketing intelligence, social listening or other research tools such as: Brandwatch, GlobalWebIndex, NewsWhip, Meltwater, Cision, Quid, Affinio, Simmons/MRI and Comscore
- Experience using desktop applications and software used for data/statistical analysis, manipulation and visualization including Tableau, SAS, SQL, MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience in managing data and data mining
- Ability to develop frameworks for steering complex insight/analytics projects
- Strong analytical thinker with an abundance of intellectual curiosity
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.