Human Resources Coordinator
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency – we’re an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, and to engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputations and drive business results.
We’re seeking a talented Human Resources Coordinator to join our East GEO team, which includes our offices in New York, Boston, Atlanta as well as our various brands. The Coordinator is responsible for performing a broad range of duties in support of the region’s Generalist team including onboarding, off-boarding, payroll actions, benefits administration, legal compliance, coordination of interviews, and processing new hire paperwork. This position will report to the NY-based Human Resources team and will be a member of the broader Weber Shandwick North America Human Resources community.
- Support the coordination of bringing a new employee onboard
- Participate in HR new hire orientations and prepare materials
- Liaise with payroll, finance, IT, to set up new employees in the system in time for start dates
- Schedule orientation meetings
- Be an on-going resource to provide employee support and troubleshoot questions
- Be well versed in the company’s benefits to provide information and support for staff
- Manage, schedule and track compliance on key new hire check ins to ensure consistent adherence and positive employee engagement
Engagement, Learning and Development
- Ideate, participate and support agency community building” programs (i.e. diversity and inclusion, wellness, knowledge sharing opportunities, etc.); own and drive aspects of key programs as assigned
- Support the delivery of Learning Lab sessions through meeting prep (documents, invites, technology, etc.)
Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Assist with implementation of HR policies and guidelines
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Troubleshoot employee questions
- Support the performance management process
- Coordinate the off-boarding process scheduling exit interviews, providing benefits info, processing paperwork
- Handle and document all employee status changes in systems (new hires, transfers, terminations, etc.)
- Process overtime payments for US employees
- Process fringe benefits for employees in the East region
- Develop and maintain organizational charts
- General admin support for EVP of HR as needed (meeting and/or training session coordination, document prep)
- Maintain employee files in compliance with federal and local guidelines
- Great at building relationships and focused on creating positive experiences for candidates and employees
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- Good problem-solving skills and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, a knack for creative writing is a plus
- Comfortable handling confidential information and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion with regard to all matters, data, and documents
- Ability to relate to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong computer, MS Suite, and Google Suite skills
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Broad knowledge of general HR concepts, practices, and procedures
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.