Account Director, Client Experience, Consumer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Account Director to join our Consumer practice based in our Atlanta office.
We Are Seeking:
The Weber Shandwick Atlanta office is currently seeking an Account Director to support several clients within our Consumer Practice.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has experience in the Consumer space, particularly within QSR (Quick Service Restaurants), CPG and/or Beer/Spirits
- Has a proven track record in and passion for multi-cultural marketing and communications
- Maintains a pulse on culture—and has a sixth sense for how brands can capitalize on it
- Possesses excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Shows attention to detail and superior quality standards
- Builds honest and trusting relationships with team members and clients
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage all aspects of the agency’s client engagement, from client brief to strategic insight, creative concepts, production and measurement
- Understand and apply leading media practices (and platform capabilities) to client engagements, particularly for high-profile consumer brands
- Bring a multi-cultural lens to client engagements from planning to execution
- Breakdown and manage detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing in-person and/or virtual events
- Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Assist in the development of long-term client plans and program recommendations, developing budgets, generating recommendations and creating presentations
- Develop and manage timelines and weekly actions plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Serve as the day-to-day client contact during program execution (as assigned)
- Build and own productive relationships with multiple stakeholders (e.g. brand managers, vendors, legal), interagency teams, and a diverse array of agency colleagues
- Ensure the agency’s success by aligning measurement plans to client briefs and focusing clients and internal teams on the job to be done.
- Represent agency points of view clearly in writing, formal presentations, and informal client meetings and workshops.
- Discover new opportunities for the agency through a proactive understanding of client accounts, digital media trends, and an entrepreneurial sensibility.
- Maintain profitability of engagements in partnership with project management
- Motivate the team by bringing a positive, solutions-focused attitude to everything you do
- 7-9 years public relations experience, consumer and/or multi-cultural background preferred
- You are both a creative and a strategic thinker and bring a diverse perspective to the table
- Strong track record in client service to senior level clients
- Agency experience and experience working with integrated agency teams (strongly preferred)
- Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to juggle multiple client needs
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.