Public Relations Summer 2021 Intern
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
ATLANTA PR INTERNSHIP
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications agency delivering daily on what we do best: solving complex business and communication problems. We earn attention and incite action for the best brands and organizations worldwide by championing integration and placing people, culture and relationships at the heart of our work.
The Weber Shandwick Atlanta office is seeking enthusiastic recent college graduates to support consumer and corporate client service teams.
Our Atlanta internship program focuses on developing strong communications, project management and interpersonal skills, while working closely with a team of dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. Weber Shandwick interns will gain practical experience as fully integrated members of client service teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance their career goals.
Our summer internship program runs from Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, Sept. 3.
- Attention to Detail: Deliver clear and precise work.
- Awareness: Be news- and culture-focused using the lens of a journalist and social influencer.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Digital Aptitude: Demonstrate understanding of relevant social platforms, how brands are engaging their audiences on said platforms and broader trends in the digital space.
- Dynamic: Work in a fast-paced agency environment, whether it’s in a team or independently.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multitask. Work efficiently and work hard.
- Spark: Understand and articulate what sets you apart.
- Thinking: Be curious and creative.
- Create: Craft written words, images and ideas.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams.
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track and measure placements, etc.
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics.
- Research: Uncover cultural moments, trends and opportunities for our clients to engage.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Availability: 40 hours a week throughout the duration of your internship
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Cover letter
Optional: you are encouraged to submit up to two pieces of work to supplement what you include in your resume. This includes but is not limited to photography, video, blogs, writing samples or art.
Weber Shandwick Atlanta values self-expression and empowers our team to pursue its passions while delivering high-quality work that solves our clients’ challenges. The optional creative piece is an opportunity to show your passions, your previous work and what you will bring to our dynamic team.
Be a part of one of the world’s leading communications firms, Weber Shandwick, as we activate bold, data-driven ideas that earn attention and solve our client’s complex business and communications problems (www.webershandwick.com).
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.