Account Director – Analytics
London, England, United Kingdom
Account Director, Analytics
Weber Shandwick are excited to be expanding the insights team and looking for an Account Director to join the Analytics team. The Account Director will be part of the EMEA Global Intelligence (GI) hub and will be tasked on implementing a number of innovative approaches to solving business challenges to some of the biggest global brands across sectors; Google, YouTube, Nespresso, Unilever, Tinder, Polestar, Novartis, Sanofi, Roche, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify to name a few.
A key to the success of the insights team is its diversity. We have diverse backgrounds and expertise, speak many languages and bring this variety together in the work we do as a team. The Account Director would have the opportunity to work with a range of global clients championing insight and analysis in decision-making to enable real business performance. There is a huge opportunity to grow professionally whilst learning from some brilliant thinkers in how to apply insights / analytics in a business context. Working with various data sources, analytics tools and proprietary models and methodologies, you’ll get exposure to clients, their business and communication challenges. We will provide you with a fulfilling, collaborative, and friendly place to work in, and with a plethora of training opportunities tailored to your career goals and interests.
What will you be doing?
We can promise you won't get bored! On a day-to-day basis as a team we channel our can-do attitude, critical thinking and analytical mind-sets to solve our client’s problems, provide inputs into strategy and see opportunities not visible without data and insights. Depending on scope and requirements we work together or individually to identify insights from large (big data, machine learning, sentiment analysis) and small data (research and panels). The type of analytics work we cover:
- Influencer and stakeholder identification
- Conversation analysis (social listening and media intelligence)
- Audience profiling, segmentation and journey mapping
- Website, campaign and multichannel reporting
- Bespoke modelling
- Reputation analysis
- Lexicon and search analysis
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As an Account Director primarily, you will be passionate and knowledgeable about everything that data has to offer, with a strong experience using analytics to deliver insights in this space. You will be expected to represent Analytics to internal and external teams, deliver proposals for client work, also actively contributing to our methodologies and thought leadership activity.
- Develop specifications for range of client projects
- Knowledgeable on all products offered by GI
- Lead project proposals including scoping, timing, and financial portion
- Take client problem and create a project utilizing methodologies that will achieve client objectives
- Oversee successful delivery of multiple projects
- Subject matter expert on GI products who can help drive new business pitches with larger teams
- Seen as a strategic counsel within the department and the agency
Technical Ability & Innovation:
- Develop and release new capabilities – methodologies, benchmarks, standards in delivery
- Drive efficiencies across multiple clients
- Bring client feedback for priority product innovations
- Help to generate thought-leading content or POV for team/client discussions
- Hands-on development of project solutions, with the requirement of hands-on development of PPT reports / slides / deck to support storytelling and/or new business efforts.
Teaming and Collaboration:
- Manages delivery teams across multiple clients
- Training and supervising multiple individual contributors
- Be a trusted partner to external departments (CX, Brand/Comms Planning, Creative, and Technology/X-practice)
- Oversee (including forecasting) budget, scoping, staffing and timing for multiple projects and stay compliant
- Provide lead analysts with strategic guidance on methodology and approach
Who are you?
We are looking for an Account Director with demonstrable experience and keen to work in the media, digital and or social domain. Skills needed:
- A team player, encouraging and supportive of others
- Analytical and numerate with the ability to learn fast and share knowledge with others
- A curious appetite and a problem-solving mentality
- Confident presenting to cross functional teams and clients
- Experience with either reporting, social media monitoring or digital tools such as: TalkWalker, Sysomos, Brandwatch, Visible, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Quid, GWI, TGI, Tubular and Audiense
- Strong experience manipulating data (Excel, Python or other)
- Strong experience summarising and visualising data into an engaging form
- Strong business acumen and experience crafting proposals
- Demonstrable expertise and a knowledgeable point of view on various analytics methodologies and best practice
- Experience overseeing projects and managing work from initial briefing to final client delivery
- Good understanding of business challenges and related KPIs
- An enthusiasm for challenge, innovation and learning new skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment
Why would you join Weber Shandwick?
- We will provide you with a fulfilling, collaborative, and friendly place to work in
- You will develop innovative solutions and add value-driven, data-driven decisions
- You will get to work across different teams, clients and industries offering you a unique insight on how different business work
- We have a culture of sharing best practice across our methodologies and products
- You’ll get to work with different tools and different methodologies, some you might know and some which will be new to you
- We have a brand-new office that we’re excited to get back to, and when we do, we continue to promote flexible working allowing for a good home-work life balance
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.