Senior Data Scientist
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is excited to be looking for a Data Scientist to join our Analytics & Data Science team. This is an opportunity to work with the EMEA team based in London.
With the agency shifting towards data-led products and increased demand from our clients we are growing at pace and are looking to hire a Data Scientist. There is a huge opportunity to grow professionally whilst learning from some brilliant thinkers in how to apply analytics and data science in a business context. Working with various tools and methodologies, the Data Scientist will get first-hand exposure to clients, their business problems and acquire useful transferable skills both in the application of your analytics abilities, and in presentation and people skills. The company also offers a plethora of training opportunities tailored to your career goals and interests.
You will be joining an eclectic bunch of people
In the Analytics & Data Science team, we have diverse backgrounds and expertise, speak many languages and bring this variety together in the work we do as a team. We both have, and get to have, experience with clients both in the UK and globally, championing insight and analysis in decision-making to enable real business performance.
It really is never boring in our team. The type of analytics work we do covers:
- Statistical modelling and machine learning
- Data visualisation / Business intelligence
- Data pipelines and data warehouse
- Conversation analysis
- Audience insights / profiling
- Campaign reports
- Multichannel reports
- Website analytics
On a day-to-day basis, our main aim is to identify patterns in data which will provide useful insights to our clients. We channel our positive attitude, critical thinking and analytical mind-sets to solve our client’s problems, provide inputs into strategy and see opportunities not visible without data and insights. Depending on scope and requirements we work together or individually to identify insight from large datasets (using NLP and/or machine learning) and develop data science and analytics products aimed to solve our clients’ business challenges, consolidate processes and revolutionise how we approach our work.
What will you be doing?
Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Software Engineers to help solve our clients’ business challenges with clear insights based on data and analysis and support product launches and roadmaps by developing predictive model prototypes. In particular, you will:
- Apply your expertise in data analysis to extract key findings from large datasets and present results beyond the numbers, also using tools like Tableau and Looker
- Develop predictive model prototypes to solve a variety of business problems through natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), and recommendation engines
- Segment audiences using algorithms such as K-means, PCA or GMMs
- Design and implement measurement and evaluation frameworks
- Devise reusable assets and solutions, develop best practices for current and future business problems and run discovery analytics to identify new and innovative opportunities, quantifying impact within the product or the client business
Who are you?
- 4-5 years of experience in data science, machine learning and statistics
- Solid experience in SQL and development experience in Python
- Experience in building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimising algorithms, machine learning in production
- Experience in some of the following domains: NLP, Deep Learning, Learn-to-Rank, Recommender Systems, Regression, Classification, Clustering
- Experience with machine learning packages such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn and Spark Mllib
- Experience with cloud technologies such as GCP and PaaS (e.g. Docker)
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment and has the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience in writing production grade code, unit tests, using version control
- Experience in A/B hypothesis testing (confidence intervals and p-values, linear regression to generalised additive models, time series)
- Knowledge of Spark, Hadoop or similar platform
Why would you join Weber Shandwick?
- We will provide you with a fulfilling, collaborative, and friendly place to work in
- You will develop innovative solutions and add value driven, data driven decisions
- You will get to work across different teams, clients and industries offering you a unique insight on how different business work
- We have a culture of sharing best practice across our methodologies and products
- You’ll get to work with different tools and different methodologies, some you might know and some which will be new to you
- We have a bright open floor office with free fruit, coffee and refreshments
- You’ll get to join in with lots of social events with the teams and the our clients
Note From The Talent Team
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.