Lead Data Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is excited to be looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our Analytics & Data Science team. This is an opportunity to work with the EMEA team based in London.
There is a huge opportunity to grow professionally whilst learning from some brilliant thinkers in how to apply analytics and data science in a business context. Working with various tools and methodologies, the Data Engineer will get first-hand exposure to clients, their business problems and acquire useful transferable skills both in the application of your analytics abilities, and in presentation and people skills. The company also offers a plethora of training opportunities tailored to your career goals and interests.
You will be joining an eclectic bunch of people
In the Analytics & Data Science team, we have diverse backgrounds and expertise, speak many languages and bring this variety together in the work we do as a team. We both have, and get to have, experience with clients both in the UK and globally, championing insight and analysis in decision-making to enable real business performance.
It really is never boring in our team. The type of analytics and data science work we do covers:
- Statistical modelling and machine learning
- Data visualisation / Business intelligence
- Data pipelines and data warehouse
- Conversation analysis
- Audience insights / profiling
- Campaign reports
- Multichannel reports
- Website analytics
On a day-to-day basis, our main aim is to identify patterns in data which will provide useful insights to our clients. We also develop data science and analytics products aimed to solve our clients’ business challenges, consolidate processes and revolutionise how we approach our work.
What will you be doing?
Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Software Engineers to support product launches and roadmaps by building the data architecture that informs and drives insight. In particular, you will:
- Work with the Applied Data Science Director to build, with a hands-on approach, a new cloud-based platform which will be set up in GCP
- Work cross-functionally with different teams to deliver efficient and scalable data architecture
- Oversee the connection of data sources to the data warehouse and liaise with stakeholders to deliver on business requirements
- Devise reusable assets, solutions and develop best practices for current and future business problems
- Run discovery analytics to identify new and innovative opportunities
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing / Engineering
- Solid experience with cloud technologies – particularly with GCP
- Solid experience in SQL and development experience in Python
- Previous experience with building and scaling end-to-end data platforms that span across data capture, ingestion, storage, query and visualisation
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud, Cloud Dataflow), databases (e.g. BigQuery, Cloud SQL, Cloud Data Store)
- Experience working with PMs, Data Scientists and Data Analysts, and ability to lead and develop junior members of the team from a technical, hands-on perspective
- Comfortable building dashboards and analysis within Looker and Tableau
- Knowledge of data modelling, data-driven decision making and ability to partner with engineers to deploy, embed and scale machine learning models
- Project management skills with track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.