Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We Are Seeking…
We are seeking a talented Junior Designer to join our growing creative team in Boston. Working with some of the most talented Art Directors, Copywriters and Producers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
What We Are Looking For
- Creating design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Designing and assisting with design for website concepts, social content, signage, storyboards, videos, infographics and new business presentation concepts
- Translating creative direction from ECD and CD into executed designs
- Building and maintaining rapport with creative team personnel, account managers and project managers
- In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative/design/layout best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Create simple animations that can be exported as looping GIFs and cinemagraphs
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- 1-3 years of design experience in a related agency or department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- 50/50 balance of digital and print experience
- Must have a portfolio
• Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
• Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software such as Keynote and PowerPoint; any AfterEffects animation skills will be utilized
• Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
About Weber Shandwick• Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media
• Bonus Skills: illustration, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, editorial, HTML
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.