Director, Strategic Planning
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Director, Strategic Planning
At Weber Shandwick we approach familiar business problems with new frames to produce novel outcomes. That’s what we mean when we say “We Solve” (and we say that a lot).
We are currently seeking a Director, Strategic Planning that is based in the Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver area. We’re looking for a strong creative thinker and collaborator that can anchor integrated teams around a job to be done, produce insight that elevates groups to uncover new creative possibilities, and act as a trusted advisor to clients. The position requires a mind for research and design with an aptitude for understanding people, developing strong points of view, measuring business impact, and helping groups make decisions.
If you’re a communications planner / creative strategist / ethnographer / design-thinker that loves to tell the stories of how different communities see and understand the world, we made this posting for you.
This is an opportunity to play a leadership role at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency that works with some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands.
- Develop a deep understanding of client business, category trends, and the direction of client-side insights research
- Collaborate with client experience, creative and integrated media departments to consistently deliver new strategies and executions that demonstrate fresh creative thinking
- Bring the audience perspective into the planning and creative process, and actively participate in creative development and the selling of ideas
- Experiment with innovative approaches to gathering insights and solving problems, stay at the forefront of technology trends, and contribute to development of our research partner network
- Deliver reliable initial quotes for planning work, update accordingly as things change, and manage research vendors within the work
- Demonstrate thought leadership by proposing and executing primary research projects within the broader planning team
- Participate in new business opportunities and lead the strategic point of view
- Be a leader in a high-performing group; contribute to group thinking and learn from peers; mentor and develop junior team members
- Professional Experience: 7-9 years related professional experience, with at least 3 of those years in an agency environment
- Experience working with creative teams, writing tight briefs, and leading ideation workshops
- Excellent research skills, ideally with solid qualitative or quantitative experience
- Quick on feet, particularly when ideating, and applies a design-critique approach
- Strong independent thinker that acknowledges and respects different types of thinkers, and what different people require to do their best work
- Knowledgeable about strategy fundamentals
- Comfort developing and clearly articulating a point of view (on consumers, categories, markets)
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with excellent time-management skills
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.