Senior Project Manager
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Powell Tate is seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the global Weber Shandwick network.
The ideal candidate is someone who can successfully manage multiple integrated projects across one or multiple accounts. This role will require the ability to coordinate with creative, strategy, account management and other internal teams to help drive best-in-class solutions for our clients.
To be successful in this role, this individual must have a solid project management background with experience in managing digital marketing and communications projects, with a strong interest or experience in data and technology.
- Set expectations at the beginning of a project: as any issues arise, find solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget.
- Be the conductor of a project/team and a proactive, solution-oriented, and strategic advisor.
- Establish, direct and implement an iterative creative development process that incorporates elements of strategic insights, creative benchmarks and client feedback in a consistent cadence for digital deployment.
- Manage project deliverables across multiple campaigns and helps to coordinate various functions including creative, strategy, insights, paid media, and analytics.
- Manage account budgets, scopes, and time while providing frequent updates to account leadership.
- Professionally manages engagements with account team partners focusing on balancing quality, cost and schedule while exceeding client expectations.
- 4-6 years of professional project management experience, preferably in a digital media, public relations, management consulting or advertising agency setting.
- Strong financial management skills. Exposure to scoping, burn report tracking resource allocation across project tasks. Prior experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and scopes.
- Familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, and partner management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Experience working closely with the implementation of an integrated media mix of paid, owned and earned programs.
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road person who can organize and operate multi-faceted projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with team members across multiple levels, building trust in your abilities to get the job done effectively.
- Have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Be comfortable digging into account finances: developing staffing models, writing SOWs, tracking burn rates, etc.
- Be a demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.