Account Supervisor, Influencer
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Manager (Account Supervisor level) to join our Consumer team in New York.
We are looking for a star Manager/Senior Manager (Account Supervisor level) candidate (4-6 years of experience) with an expertise in the consumer/CPG space. We are looking for someone who knows the media landscape and has a unique experience telling stories for consumer brands – counseling clients on and executing integrated media relations strategy. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart.
Integrated Media Relations and Writing
- Craft integrated media strategies for major campaigns and product launches
- Brainstorm and pitch compelling ideas for media and influencer pitch efforts
- Monitor media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Compose basic integrated media plans and contribute to plan development processes
- Develop proposals, releases, customer profiles, newsroom blogs, bylined articles, supporting social content and other press materials
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Creatively and proactively develop media programs
- Take responsibility to execute media relations strategies
- Manage and build relationships with media
- Mine current news cycle for ad hoc media opportunities
- Lead story mining sessions with senior clients
- Mentor junior staff
Client & Team Engagement
- Communicate with clients on daily basis
- Provide basic client counsel
- Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations
- Conduct and manage the flow of research and work materials necessary to analyze client issues
- Manage client and team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and product launches
- 1-2 years management experience leading small groups and projects
- 4-6 years of experience in PR/communications role with expertise in writing, plan development, media relations strategy and execution, event management, speaking and awards submissions, social content, measurement, and monitoring
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong experience with both large-scale and start-up business environments preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.