Chicago, Illinois, United States
Business Analyst, Insights & Strategy:
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone. As the core team of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging bleeding edge data science approaches and development tools to provide unparalleled access to unexplored insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social and e-commerce platforms. Our clients span five continents, and their consumers are everywhere. The systems and tools we are designing will be one of a kind and unique in their value to meet the global marketplace's current and future needs.
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind to help pulling and analysing data, and extracting deep insights using the systems and tools we are designing in-house. You will be able to leverage data to uncover insights and tell compelling stories. The Business Analyst, Insights & Strategy will join the Chicago Global Intelligence team – Weber Shandwick’s Analytics Function – to focus on delivering impactful analytics insights and strategy that is core to the marketing and communications goals of our clients. The ideal candidate will have a flexible analytics skillset and deep interest in storytelling using data and research. This position will be dedicated to several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important client relationships and will directly report to and work with the Chicago office, but may support teams across all North American practice areas.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work with Global Intelligence teammates to create visually compelling reporting and insights that allow clients to easily evaluate communications, media, and/or site performance relative to business objectives.
• Team up with data scientists and senior intelligence leads to develop reporting, articulating insights and building narratives that move internal and external audiences to act on our recommendations.
• Leverage a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple sources.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
• Utilize tools and platforms designed to automate and accelerate data collection, integration and analysis. Examples: Google Analytics, Domo, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
• Flexible enough to learn and master an evolving list of analytics technology and tools
• Evangelize the use of data to inform decision-making at all levels internally and externally.
• Educate non-technical account team members on key requests and analysis process.
• Manage and build relationships with clients and internal client experience teams
• Participate in business development activities
• Bachelor's degree, with major in business or STEM preferred
• 1-3 years of full-time experience; prior marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
• Strong interest and capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
• Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions.
• Ability to manipulate and leverage large scale data leveraging tools including but not limited to Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc.
• Experience with social listening tools such as Quid, Brandwatch, and Trendkite is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
• Strong communication (written and presentation) skills
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.