Account Manager (Consumer – FMCG Clients)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick Manchester is going through an exciting period of growth and development. A record three years have seen the agency secure major new clients and significant global awards including four Cannes Lions and three PRWeek Global campaign awards in 2019. In the North West, we are the CIPR’s Outstanding Large Agency.
We’re looking for a talented Manager to join our consumer team. Our communications offer is rapidly evolving as clients turn to us for strategically focused and imaginative communications solutions that build and protect their reputations while influencing and shaping the operating environment around them.
You’ll be joining a well-established team, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across Weber Shandwick’s UK and international network; while being guided and supported by some of the PR industry’s leading communications professionals.
As a Manager, you’ll be the lynchpin in maintaining our high standards of delivery. You’ll already be operating at Manager level, with a similar in-house or agency role under your belt and will be looking excitedly towards a fresh and demanding challenge.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw upon experiences bringing knowledge and insight into a range of sectors and industries, combined with excellent client servicing and media relations skills. You’ll also need a strong understanding of how digital fits into wider integrated communications programmes, as well as brilliant technical writing skills and a keen eye for detail when it comes to managing project progress.
What will you be doing?
- Building trust and confidence with clients by consistently ensuring that executional work is delivered by the team on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard of quality
- Demonstrating stand-out project management skills, making sure that internal and external deadlines are managed to deliver work on time, including overseeing junior colleagues’ delivery of progress tracking, contact reports and media monitoring summaries
- Developing tactical plans for client activities and working with your account teams to ensure collaborate with other areas of our business to ensure your clients are getting the best expertise and experience Weber Shandwick has to offer
- Writing a range of copy, including press releases and feature articles, as well as posts for clients’ digital and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Managing the media every day, proactively identifying and driving coverage opportunities which support clients’ business and communications objectives
- Participating in the creative development of integrated campaigns for new and existing clients, and supporting the team in researching and preparing new business opportunities
- Managing third party suppliers, such as research houses and monitoring agencies, to ensure they deliver the good on time and to the required standards for clients
Who are you?
- Ambitious, with a passion for public relations and the vision to progress your career to a senior level with Weber Shandwick
- Unafraid to ask questions and to challenge clients’ and colleagues’ perspectives when necessary
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in public relations and communications
- Proven media skills and relationships with national and trade journalists
- An avid consumer of media with an active interest in news and current affairs
- Able to digest complex information and turn into compelling written copy
- A lateral thinker – able to join the dots between various projects, and solve problems!
- Fluency in digital/social media platforms, with an appetite to learn more
Even better if
- You have played a role in developing and delivering award-winning creative campaigns which have advanced standards of consumer communications for an existing client.
- You’re brave and unafraid to present ideas which challenge your colleagues and clients –and defend them robustly when scrutinised.
- You have an appetite to work with clients in regions of the world outside the UK and Europe
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.