Junior Associate, Client Experience, Healthcare
Century City, California, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking a Junior Associate to join its Los Angeles office.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. The Weber Shandwick Los Angeles office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Junior Associate for its Health Practice. The ideal candidate has experience working on healthcare projects, conducting traditional and social/digital media monitoring and content and developing communications materials. Strong oral communications and writing skills are a must.
- Conducting research and developing daily monitoring reports; proactively monitoring for expected placements and stories, and developing client communications including media flags
- Delivering accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports to team
- Assisting in development of proactive, strategic media lists and outreach to top-tier national, business, health and technology media
- Assisting in development of social media copy, website content copy, etc.
- Maintaining and updating update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Preparing for and participating in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, agenda action items, call recaps, trackers, timelines and status documents
- Supporting other programmatic areas as needed, including medical meetings, advocacy activations, awards entries
Supporting budget management, including monthly billing and project tracking
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years Healthcare and/or PR/Media agency experience
- Interest in healthcare and life sciences fields
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.