Senior Associate, Project Management
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency – we’re an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, our people, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputation and drive business results.
Weber Shandwick's Detroit office has a unique opportunity for a detail-oriented Sr. Associate of Project Management. This role has accountability for activity coordination, manages (with support from more senior PMs) creative trafficking, status reporting, resource management and client communication, and is in training on planning, scoping and end-to-end project management responsibilities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with Project Management (PM) and Client Experience (CX) teams to organize and coordinate creative projects and/or specific functions within larger engagements
- Independently manage project tasks and communicate overall project status to manager and project leads
- Participates with interagency communications with supervision from manager; can reliably represent agency to external stakeholders
- Support creative leadership in identifying design resources across key projects and tracking resource allocations
- Ensures all creative deliverables and assets are being developed on time and on brief; including the ability to communicate project timelines to keep the team organized and on track
- Ensures all appropriate parties are engaged in reviews and providing inputs when appropriate
- Ensures that all assets are in-hand and comprehensive to be able to develop creative
- Advocates for the needs of the creative team with regard to client needs; setting realistic expectations, timing, etc.
- Effectively participates in internal meetings, taking accurate meeting notes and articulate key meeting action items
- Identifying if/when things are going off-track and mitigating any issues as a result
- Seeks clarity in requests to allow for best possible creative outputs
- 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably in a marketing, public relations or advertising agency setting
- Familiarity with creative process; including social media, video production and design
- Understands the role of project management and demonstrates efficient and effective time management
- Exceptional organizational skills; knowledge of excel; PPT and some Adobe creative suite.
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.