Senior Associate, Social Media Communications Specialist
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
Weber Shandwick is seeking an experienced social media communications specialist to serve as a full-time embed for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention within the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) as well as Health Communication Science Office (HSCO). The specialist will help plan, implement, and evaluate a variety of health communication and marketing activities from a social media perspective that are designed to impact positive health outcomes. As a Social Media Communications Specialist, you will help:
- Provide day-to-day social media support for the Center and HSCO as well as help implement Weber-specific activities, liaising with internal CDC parties as appropriate.
- Develop and implement social media communications programs, projects, and strategies for the general public and other identified audiences.
- Draft and guide social media content through the various approval processes that is on-brand and within budget parameters.
- Provide support for social listening and monitoring, community management and develop strategies for proactive engagement and risk mitigation
- Provide consultation, technical assistance, and training on social media program and project implementation to internal and external partners.
- Collect social media data and analytics from programs for the development of health communication strategies and products.
- At least 3 years of experience in social media communications and demonstrated passion for and ability to stay current with social media trends; some roles may require additional years' experience
- Experience working across social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, among others with an inherent curiosity about emerging digital platforms
- Experience with social media management and analytic tools including but not limited to Twitter analytics, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, TweetDeck, Sysomos MAP, Sprout Social, Adobe Analytics and others
- Strong track record of successfully implemented social media campaigns, particularly those that are integrated across media channels including paid media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with past experience in the healthcare
- Experience managing complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Residence in the Atlanta, GA area and ability to commute to CDC offices (upon reopening)
Beyond deep integrated communications savvy and skill, what we value in people we hire
- Curiosity—and a desire to always be learning.
- Kindness and empathy
- A healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.