Senior Associate, Health Communications Specialist
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, HEALTH COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
Weber Shandwick is seeking several experienced Health Communications Specialists at various levels to serve as a full-time embed for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention within the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) as well as Health Communication Science Office (HSCO), in Atlanta, GA. The specialists will help plan, implement, and evaluate a variety of health communication and marketing activities designed to impact positive health outcomes. As a Health Communications Specialist, you will help:
- Provide day-to-day support for the Center and HSCO as well as help implement Weber specific activities, liaising with internal CDC parties as appropriate.
- Develop and implement communication and marketing programs, projects, and strategies for the general public and other audiences.
- Apply communication theories and models to communication campaign development.
- Develop and present printed, electronic, and audiovisual materials for technical and lay audiences, scientific journals, and Internet and other mass-media outlets.
- Provide consultation, technical assistance, and training on program and project implementation to internal and external groups.
- Collect data from programs for the development of health communication strategies and products.
- At least 3 years of experience in health communications; some roles may require additional years' experience
- Strong track record of successfully implementing integrated health behavior change campaigns
- Knowledge of behavior change communications theories and models
- Strong health writing and communication skills
- Experience managing complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Residence in the Atlanta, GA area and ability to commute to CDC offices (upon reopening)
Beyond deep integrated communications savvy and skill, what we value in people we hire
- Curiosity—and a desire to always be learning.
- Kindness and empathy
- A healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.