Manager, Planning (Healthcare)
New York, New York, United States
The Planning Manager (Healthcare) will work with the Head of Strategy, Health Strategy lead and account teams to architect powerful business driving communications strategies. The ideal candidate is an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives HCPs and patients to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, creating patient journeys and developing impactful insights and strategies that solve brand challenges.
This role will support existing client work across a range of therapeutic areas, as well as new business pitches and other, organic growth opportunities.
- Critical thinking/problem solver who deeply understands how to use all research tools to uncover powerful insights that inspire great strategy and creative
- Not satisfied with status quo, goes beyond the obvious to develop fresh insights
- Deep business acumen with the ability to negotiate and define business objectives, and translate them into marketing and comms objectives
- Quickly dives in and understands brand, business, and category – has a high “get it factor”
- Understanding of consumers, patients, HCPs and influential audiences – what motivates, drives, inspires, influences
- Understands client’s business needs and how to deliver on their objectives and KPIs
- You stay on top of current market trends, marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop an immersive understanding of a product or brand’s market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions and industry trends
- Derive and articulate insights that will drive behavior change
- Assess competitive strategies & uncover white space opportunities
- Uncover and interpret relevant cultural and social trends
- Develop and execute research plans needed to get to insights –drafting interview questionnaires and surveys and deep-diving into market reports
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Synthesize research understanding into actionable opportunities
- Write creative briefs and work with creatives to ensure ideas are on strategy, and work with Brand leaders to ensure ideas are on brand
- Prepare client presentations/decks that summarize insights and overarching strategy
- Identify measurement KPIs and work with data/analytics team to develop measurement reporting approach
- Present research findings and campaign insights and strategies to clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Understanding of PR, digital and social media
- Strong healthcare experience — pharma, HCP, OTC and health and wellness
- High level of comfort with research techniques and resources and insight generation
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analyzing data (not necessarily just pulling data but also manipulating it)
- Clear and compelling presentation skills.
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within the field of sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or another related field.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.