Senior Vice President, Planning
New York, New York, United States
The Senior Vice President (SVP) will lead all strategy and planning work for Weber Shandwick’s top coconsumer health accounts. They will report directly to the EVP of strategy and help lead a talented team of Weber Shandwick strategists. A “whole brain thinker” capable of unearthing and connecting disparate quantitative and qualitative data points, this person will be responsible for developing and overseeing evidence-based arguments that support strategies and inspire creative teams. This position is best suited to someone equally adept at developing lateral thoughts individually, and coaxing those thoughts from other planners (and non-planners) on the team. We are looking for someone who is consummately curious and interested in solving intellectual problems in unique and inspiring ways. This person will be comfortable working with incomplete information, developing hypotheses and finding connections between culture, consumers, corporations and the media.
- Work closely with EVP of Strategy and junior planners to develop breakthrough strategies for key consumer health accounts
- Own planning projects from inception to completion: create research plans; develop insights from observations; write briefs; brief creative, account and client teams; facilitate and participate in ideation / strategic thinking sessions
- Lead or support (primarily consumer health) new business opportunities and RFPs
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including account, creative and digital strategists, and research and analytic experts
- Manage and train junior strategic planning team members (within strategy and on client teams)
- 10+ years of relevant experience (we’re looking for someone with at least three years of agency planning experience, but welcome backgrounds of all sorts)
- Proven track record of developing insight based strategies that underpin successful campaigns (some consumer health experience preferred)
- An active curiosity about brands, culture and what makes people tick
- Knowledge of various media including earned, social and paid
- Ability to manage multiple challenging projects at one time within budget
- A persuasive and engaging presentation style
- An ability to meaningfully contribute to a civil, fast paced and positive energy environment
- Proactive, self-started who can work well both independently and as part of a team (and the ability to tell which is needed, when)
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.