Senior Associate, CX, Corporate Issues
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick’s Crisis & Issues Management Practice helps leading organizations both manage breaking negative issues and events affecting reputation and develop the internal culture and infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare, and navigate them effectively. From election-related conspiracy theories, environmental protests and multinational bankruptcies to executive controversies and sweeping product recalls to high-profile litigation and fake news, we live at the front lines of media, culture, and conversation. Whether it is a program affecting internal stakeholders or an external effort to protect or defend an organization’s reputation, we work hand-in-hand with colleagues from around the country and globe on a daily basis, providing crisis counsel to clients across industries and sectors, making deep curiosity a requisite for this position.
As a Senior Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to help drive communications around these challenging and exciting projects. You will be a day-to-day leader among the team’s junior staff, interfacing directly with senior leadership to help drive research, develop materials, staff projects, scope work, manage vendors, track budget and balance multiple shifting priorities in real-time. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. You will be intimately familiar with current events and news trends and be able to translate that knowledge into actionable insights for clients. This extends to social and digital communications: you must possess true analytical fluency in this area. A strong academic record is a must, and experience in issues management is a bonus – but candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prepare strong initial drafts of client-facing materials and interface directly with clients as appropriate
- Lead small teams to conduct pressing research on a wide range of issues, review and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing clear and concise findings, distill highly complex and large amounts of information into strategic and actionable recommendations
- Support new business initiatives through the development of pitch materials
- Actively participate in and contribute to discussions surrounding clients’ strategies
- Conduct media outreach What We Are Looking For -Crisis communications, issues management, and/or public affairs experience
- Strong understanding of social analytics
- Ability to provide strategic and actionable recommendations based on research
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills -Basic familiarity with corporate financials
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage deadlines in a consistent manner
- Meticulous attention to detail -Resourceful, effective problem solver -Comfortable asking for assistance from and providing direction to team members
- Ability to take ownership, manage and see projects through from start to finish -Proactive self-starter and a quick learner
- Strong work ethic
- Sharp curiosity and an analytical mind
- 2-4 years of professional experience: in an agency/strategic consulting firm, political campaign or organization, law or similar setting
- BA or BS, preferably in Political Science, history, journalism, International Relations or similar fields -Knowledge of basic PR skills and client service -Fluent in Microsoft Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and proficiency in research, media and social monitoring platforms (e.g., Brandwatch, Sysomos, Cision, Critical Mention, Lexis-Nexis)
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.