Analytics Intern, NYC Summer Co-Op
New York, New York, United States
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
We’re looking for you, the newest Analytics member of our New York Co-Op Program. Learn more about our Co-Op program here: www.webershandwick.com/co-op/, or keep reading to apply now!
As the core team of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging bleeding edge data science approaches and development tools to provide unparalleled access to unexplored insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social and e-commerce platforms.
What’s in it for you? Our NY Co-Op interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals. (Scroll down past “how to apply” for more information about the position, what we’re looking for, and what we provide to you as part of the program!)
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Response to the writing prompt below
Prepare a one-page written response to the following question:
Multiculturalism, gender equality and age diversity are important for campaigns and the communication industry as a whole – and it's these things that help us produce award winning work!
In no more than one page double-spaced, tell us about yourself, your views on diversity in our industry, and how uncovering diverse insights/data can best contribute to our work. This is an application to support analytics at the world’s leading communications agency, so we’re keen to see your creativity and learn more about your strengths.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2021
More about the position:
What you'll do all day:
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources to generate insightful reports
- Leverage: Leveraging a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple sources.
- Hustle: Collaborating closely with project leads and cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
- Mine Data: Utilizing tools and platforms designed to automate and accelerate data collection, integration and analysis. Examples: Google Analytics, Domo, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are
doing on them and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: all new-hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-In Mentorship: access to former interns through panels and learning sessions who can give insight into what their experience was like, and advice on making the most of your Summer.
- In-person trainings and coaching: As part of the Co-Op experience, you’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- Student, recent grad, or related experience: Rising senior (4-year program), recent graduate, or demonstrated transferrable skills
- Availability: 40 hours a week from June 7, 2021 to July 30, 2021
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.