Senior Associate, Client Experience, Corporate
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a motivated and proactive Senior Associate with 3-5 years public relations experience for our growing Corporate Practice.
We are looking for a seasoned rising star who can hit the ground running managing industry-leading clients. You must have a proven track record of delivering measurable results for clients, including but not limited to media relations. You must also be comfortable being a part of a collaborative, fast-moving, and results-oriented team.
What you will do…
- Maintain daily client contact and manage those relationships
- Oversee junior staff conducting daily outreach to local media and develop responses to media inquiries
- Develop quarterly PR strategies and program recommendations for designated Divisions
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Develop media strategies and pitch media (national, local and trade)
- Ensure quality work in order to meet/exceed client expectations
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, etc.
- Develop targeted media lists and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers, etc.
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers
- Support program and regular reporting, as needed
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Help triage and respond to client requests
- Partner closely with integrated specialists to ensure the team delivers great work
- 3-5 years Corporate Communication experience in an agency setting
- Experience working with national, local and trade media; knowledge of Chicago-area media a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Aptitude to work independently
- Ability to navigate a nuanced client structure
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Internet, on-line services, Media Map and Dow Jones News Retrieval
- Knowledge of AP style
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.coM
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.