Senior Manager, Financial Communications
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. Our Corporate Issues Group has helped companies and organizations prepare for and respond to some of the most visible corporate, financial and political challenges of our time. The group comprises an integrated team of more than 20 strategists in New York and a global network of more than 300, who work across a broad range of special situations.
In our financial communications work, we advise public and private companies across virtually all industries on strategic and capital markets communications efforts that best position them among relevant stakeholders. Our engagements span the normal-course financial lifecycle (e.g., quarterly earnings, proxy statements) and transformative events (e.g., M&A/post-merger integration, IPO, litigation, bankruptcy, activism, executive management transitions, labor issues). We collaborate closely in these engagements with both the C-suite and key IR/PR personnel.
What We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a mid-level practitioner to join our growing Financial Communications team in our Corporate Issues practice. The ideal candidate will focus primarily on financial communications and capital markets-driven work, and will be able to contribute communications and investor relations expertise in support of transactional, reputational and broader corporate-level issues and other matters.
He/she will play a leading role in day-to-day account activity and will have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of proactive and reactive financially-focused, issues-oriented and reputation management projects. He/she will be responsible for helping strategize, draft and ensure the execution of new strategies, programs, campaigns and plans. He/she will also manage multiple accounts and time-sensitive deliverables on a daily basis and have no problem meeting deadlines and regularly achieving more than what is asked.
We are seeking a professional with strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. You should be intimately familiar with current financial and economic events and news trends, and comfortable providing analysis to clients and our internal team. Finally, you should be curious, resourceful and entrepreneurial. The nature of the work we do requires meticulous attention to detail and an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities, inside and outside traditional work hours.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Support a range of financial communications and special situations, including M&A, shareholder activism, defense against short-sellers, bankruptcies, initial public offerings, series financing, as well as earnings support and other investor relations activities
• Serving as the day-to-day client contact, create or help create, drive and execute a range of communications plans, as well as investor and media engagements
• Execute frequent media outreach around financial events, including backgrounding reporters, error correcting and facilitating client media interviews, as appropriate
• Provide regular counsel to clients
• Work with client partners as appropriate, such as legal counsel, buy-side, vendors, etc.
• Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met within set budget parameters
• Train and motivate more-junior team members and help create opportunities for their growth
• Participate in new business development for the group and collaborate among practice areas at the agency in support of new business pitches
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• 3-6 years of relevant financial communications, investor relations and/or special situations experience at a prior agency and/or company
• Possesses a proficient understanding of capital markets and issues affecting the financial and reputational well-being of companies
• Is a skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with “tier one” and business media relations experience
• Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
• Exercises exceptional judgment when working with clients, team members and vendors
• Communicates clearly, analytically and persuasively both orally and in writing
• Pays close attention to detail and quality
• Adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts
• Capable of mobilizing and motivating account teams, anticipating needs and instilling confidence
• Is familiar with the latest digital trends in social media strategy, tools and analytics
• Has experience directly counseling clients/senior ranking executives through a broad range of financial events, issues and special situations
• Has experience with reputation management and promoting/protecting brands through integrated communications programs
• Experienced and interested in supporting new business/cross-selling efforts
• Media and crisis training experience are a plus
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.