Vice President, Web Content Strategist
New York, New York, United States
VP Web Content Strategist Job Description
Weber Shandwick/Resolute is currently seeking a VP Web Content Strategist to join the Digital Creative & Technology team. Specifically, this role is accountable for strategy, development, and execution of content and SEO across multiple platforms for clients. This team member will collaborate with our user experience, search, development, editorial, and paid promotion teams to provide strategic content insights throughout the website creation process.
- Development of core content strategy and editorial pillars
- Strategic integration with analytics, search, UX, and design
- Works with content creators to ensure work falls in line with the content strategy: on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative content analysis on current sites, both owned and competitors
- Ensures all content is optimized for search and user experience across all channels of content
- Configures and manages content inventories and audits
- Creates content templates, outlines, and summaries + able to write site copy
- Aids in analyzing site data for user paths and top-level content trends
- Identifies opportunities for increased site findability and accessibility
- Works with data and analytics teams to make optimization recommendations
- Establishes work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Practical experience in planning, creating, editing, and publishing quality web writing that speaks to a specific audience
- Working knowledge of terminology and processes around user experience, SEO, site analytics, design, and development disciplines
- Proven editorial skills in tandem with experience in creating messages for different target demographics across a wide variety of industries
- Understanding of marketing technology tools and solutions and a willingness to stay current with changes and advancements in this space
- Ability to easily work within a geographically-distributed team
Education: Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
Experience: 4-6 years of experience as a content strategist or closely-related field
Resolute Digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Resolute Digital recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.