Account Supervisor, Social Impact
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
About the Social Impact Team
Weber Shandwick’s award-winning, global Social Impact team delivers innovative strategies and creative campaigns for purpose-driven brands and organizations around the world, prioritizing engagement above all else.
Working with clients across private, public and social sectors, we know what it takes to move people from awareness to action. We bring deep subject matter expertise in purpose leadership, plus issues spanning global health and development, sustainability, education and social justice. Our integrated campaigns position clients as change leaders, amplifying a core purpose and sparking social progress.
We Are Seeking…
We are seeking an Account Manager who understands how to leverage the power of creative communications to drive business and social progress – and who is energized about opportunities to build campaigns that bring complex ideas to life, raise awareness, drive advocacy and have an impact.
The manager is a proven media relations strategist and executor, a creative thinker, digital-savvy, and passionate about social change. The manager brings experience with the private sector and consumer brands and is engaged in conversations that are top-of-mind for our clients and practice, including diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and fake news.
- Develop and execute strategic, purpose-driven communications plans for both traditional PR, content creation, influencer engagement, advocacy, paid media, and social media programs
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of projects, timelines, and budgets on multiple accounts and/or work streams
- Provide strategic, research-based counsel to clients and global integrated team, offering perspective and ideas that advance smart, strategic, and creative purpose-driven work
- Develop content including integrated communications plans, fact sheets, talking points, executive remarks, opinion pieces, message architectures, etc. to align with strategy and audience needs
- Develop and sustain relationships with national, regional, and local media reporters for both proactive and reactive opportunities
- Coordinate and contribute to global account measurement and analytics program
- Support finance management
- Participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- A proactive and hands-on candidate who can organize projects, collaborate with team members, counsel clients and operate multi-faceted programs in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels and markets
- Strong understanding of the social impact space and key issues and experience in media relations
- Ability to contribute to research, strategic planning, development, and execution of integrated marketing programs
- Strong understanding of new PR tools, especially in the digital and social media realm
- Exceptional judgment and ability to think critically when working with team members, clients, and partners
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize across complex projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, International Development or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related communications experience required; agency experience preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.