Senior Account Executive (Corporate & Public Affairs)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is excited to be seeking a Senior Associate to join our Corporate Affairs practice. Working across a portfolio of both Public Affairs and Corporate accounts, you will be delivering campaigns that help our clients to navigate an unprecedented time of political change and uncertainty whilst creating strategically focused, imaginative, communications solutions as they build and protect their reputations.
You’ll be joining a well-established team, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across our wider ‘One London’ business, as well as with Weber Shandwick’s UK and international network; while being guided and supported by some of the PR industry’s leading Corporate & Public Affairs professionals.
What will you be doing?
- Policy and stakeholder research, and drafting analysis for our clients
- Media relations, including pitching to journalists
- Development of written copy and media materials such as client briefings, press releases, media pitches and digital content
- Managing and delivering political engagement programmes
- Drafting briefings for politicians and other stakeholders
- Managing outreach to the political and business media as part of integrated campaigns
- Building your network of political and business contacts
- Managing political and stakeholder events
- Working with polling companies, academics and other research organisations
Who are you?
- Previous experience working in Public Affairs, either within agency or in-house
- Knowledge and awareness of developments in the public and national media debate on issues concerned with corporate governance and reputation
- An analytical mind with an ability to cut through information and find what really matters to clients, political stakeholders and media
- An excellent communicator with exceptional writing skills
- Good organisational and project management skills.
Even Better If:
- Campaign experience, either for a political party or campaigning organisation
- Experience working in both Public Affairs and Corporate PR, either at an agency or in-house
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.