Senior Account Executive (Social Impact)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick’s award-winning global Social Impact team delivers innovative strategies and creative campaigns for purpose-driven brands and organisations around the world.
Working with clients across private, public and social sectors, we know what it takes to move people from awareness to action. We bring deep subject-matter expertise in purpose leadership, plus issues spanning global health and development, sustainability, education and social justice. Our integrated campaigns position clients as change leaders, amplifying a core purpose and sparking social progress.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting in-depth research on social impact topics and analysing findings to draw useful insights for client deliverables and new business proposals
- Account management support, for example client status reports and media coverage reports
- Development of written copy and media materials such as client briefings, press releases, media pitches and digital content
- Working closely with all team members, particularly Associates and Managers to ensure that all of the essential account management materials (e.g. status reports, action lists, call notes, etc.) are accurate and up-to-date
- Writing a range of materials, including press releases, meeting notes, research write-ups, etc. Liaising with suppliers (e.g. designers, printers, etc.) often under tight timelines
- Building up a solid knowledge of clients’ relevant media targets and the type of social impact stories that are reported and why
- You have knowledge of UK media landscape with a strong grasp of what makes a good news story
- You can confidently “sell in” material across a broad range of media, often working to tight deadlines.
- Writing media relations materials, including email pitches, press releases, etc.
- Undertaking regular media monitoring for a range of projects
Internal activities/team management
- Building and maintaining relationships with people in other departments, such as design, finance, and IT and working effectively with them to ensure account teams are obtaining the information and support they need
- Demonstrating a genuine passion for social impact issues and bringing this to internal team meetings
Who are you?
- Previous experience in social impact, corporate social responsibility or sustainability
- Previous experience t in public relations, communications or marketing
- Excellent communicator – you excel in both oral and written communications
- Proactive – you take the initiative to put yourself forward for certain tasks, provide updates to the team and offer suggestions and ideas at meetings
- Time management – you are able to juggle different clients and team needs at the same time, understanding what needs to be prioritised and flagging if deadlines won’t be met
- Diligent – you consistently ensure that you review your pieces of work and pay attention to detail. This should be attained even when accounts are busy.
- Passionate – you are interested in the social impact space and aware of the broader context
Note From The Talent Team
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.