Manager, Client Experience (Tech PR)
New York, New York, United States
Are you a big thinker? A great account manager? A great writer? Weber Shandwick wants to see your resume for a Manager position in our Technology team. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients – and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
From creative ideation to execution, this Manager plays a key role on a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs.
We are looking for a star Manager candidate (4-6 years of experience) with an expertise in the b2b technology space. We are looking for someone who has a unique cross-over of corporate/consumer tech some media relations experience – both with multinationals and startups; and counseling clients on and executing integrated media relations strategy. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
Spark: Understand what sets you apart.
Integrated Media Relations and Writing
Craft integrated media strategies for major campaigns and product launches
Brainstorm and pitch compelling ideas for media and influencer pitch efforts
Monitor media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments
Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
Compose basic integrated media plans and contribute to plan development processes
Develop proposals, releases, customer profiles, newsroom blogs, bylined articles, supporting social content and other press materials
Proof and edit client related documents as needed
Client & Team Engagement
Communicate with clients on daily basis
Provide basic client counsel
Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations
Conduct and manage the flow of research and work materials necessary to analyze client issues
Manage client and team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and product launches
Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to juggle multiple client needs
Manage event coordination and logistics
Track/enter time with precision and on a daily basis
Assist with account budget and time entry analyses
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in b2b Technology PR/communications role (PR agency preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in PR/communications role with expertise in writing, plan development, media relations strategy and execution, event management, speaking and awards submissions, social content, measurement, and monitoring
- 1-2 years management experience leading small groups and projects
- Strong experience with both large-scale and start-up business environments preferred
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Collaborative work style
- Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to juggle multiple client needs
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work in a team and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing
- A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- A strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.