Junior Associate, Media Relations
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Junior Associate – Integrated Media St. Louis
Weber Shandwick’s St. Louis office is looking for a junior associate to support consumer media and influencer outreach efforts. If you’re hungry to work in the media landscape and love working alongside colleagues who are full of personality and strive to maintain a great office culture (even remotely), you’ll be a great fit.
- Have an understanding of the media landscape, especially from a national standpoint, and know how to build media lists
- Have strong research skills, from both a media targeting standpoint but also consumer trends and news
- Work well in a dynamic team setting, but also have the ability to work independently
- Showcase a positive, can-do, proactive attitude and always look for solutions
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work, whether you’re building a media list or a drafting a recap report
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize across multiple projects
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Earned media support – researching reporters and influencers, building media lists, drafting media materials and pitches, pitching reporters and managing reporter/influencer relationships and media opportunities
- Monitoring the media landscape and staying aware of trends and opportunities to tap into culture
- Generating story ideas and angles that resonate with national media, resulting in secured coverage
- Compiling research, coverage and insight reports for the team and clients
- Working cohesively with teammates – often across multiple offices – on a variety of projects
- Developing a solid understanding of your clients’ businesses
- One (1) year of experience in public relations/communications, or related field
- Strong written/verbal communication, understanding of the media landscape and prior media relations experience
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a results-focused mindset
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workloads
- Asks questions, is responsive, proactively communicates with teammates, possesses writing skills
- Independent, motivated and driven to meet key deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree or four (4) or more years of work experience
About Weber Shandwick St. Louis
In the Before Times, the Weber Shandwick St. Louis homebase was located at 555 Washington Avenue. We are all currently working from home, though when we return to the office here’s a little of what you can expect: We’re a dog friendly office, and love all of our pups. We have one of the most unique looking offices downtown (think The City Museum meets Steampunk), which is home to great camaraderie and culture between colleagues. There is plenty of room to spread out…whether you prefer to work at a desk, from the couch, or at our fully stocked bar. We even have a health and wellness room for when you need to collect your thoughts, or just chill. Healthy snacks are provided in our kitchen for grazing throughout the day, but we’re also close to some of downtown’s best restaurants and cafes. Our motto is to be good to each other, but tough on the work.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. We were named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. We were also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, our agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.